25 November 2011

Giving Thanks

Today in the USA it's that offical American Holiday, Turkey Coma Day, when millions of you are tripping on tryptophan. If I were a terrorist horde, I'd choose today to invade because any Americans who aren't already snoring are too busy watching football to notice. Easy pickings.

I remember several years ago when I was living in Paris, an American friend invited me to his family's apartment for Thanksgiving. We had turkey and all the trimmings, and everything was delicious, but, even while considering that great American who adored Paris, Ben Franklin, it was difficult to get into the spirit.

Last Thanksgiving, my Swiss mother-in-law called on the 4th Thursday in Nov. to wish me a happy T-Day. This year she didn't bother.

So I'll pretend it doesn't matter, and that I don't miss it. But I'm making some killer cranberry sauce this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment